It’s been a pretty massive week on the blog for which I thank all of my readers and commenters, linkers and disseminaters. Something which has started to increase over the last few weeks is an increase in the number of spammers as well as a general change of their tactics.
Spammers can be placed into two categories: 6 year olds and 10 year olds. Until recently I only had the former who are characterized by a severe obviousness of intent. These are almost always caught by the spam catcher which over the life of the website has netted a total of 2235 6 year old scalps.
The 10 year olds are a little different. Their latest tactic is to leave a comment that is a slight step up from that of a 6 year old. The vast majority of these comments are left on articles that are over a month old. So from now on I am instigating an automatic ban on any unknown commenters leaving comments on old articles.
Ace posted a comments policy this week that he got from another site. I quite like it so I’m going to add it as well with some minor adjustments.
Commenters Bill Of Rights
- You have the right to comment – for as long as the owner of the blog feels like granting it to you.
- You have the right to be banned at any time, for any reason, real or imagined and for any period of time from minutes to years.
- You have the right to have your comment deleted for any reason without any explanation.
- You have the right to point out someone’s poor argument. You do not, in turn, have the right to be offended when someone does it to you.
- You have the right to have an opinion – you do not have the right to demand that everyone value your opinion or even care about your opinion.
- You have the right not to take anyone’s opinion seriously – you do not have the right to demand that someone take YOU seriously.
- You have the right to sarcasm as form of “argument” as long as you understand that sarcasm conveys absolutely no truth and no fact.
- You have the right to an explanation for being banned. That explanation may or may not come before you are banned.
- You have the right to be civil.
- You have the right to be free of purely ad hominem attacks.
That’s pretty conclusive but can be summed up with the line, ‘don’t be a dick’.
Now for the topic of the ((((JQ)))). Here’s the thing, guys; I’m not big on conspiracy theories. If you want to buy into them then that’s your prerogative.
Being Jewish is a club. It opens many professional doors for an individual because the Jews look after their own. Speaking as someone who has just made an international move, I can appreciate that approach. This together with their above average rates of intelligence makes them more likely to be successful. Once again, I do not begrudge them their success.
But being a Jew does not confer morality on an individual. They get their fair share of bad people just like the rest of us. It’s just that their bad people tend to have a higher chance of being elevated in society due to their clannishness. Thus in the latest example of leftism eating its own in Hollywood, there are a fair number of Jews who are major perpetrators.
But if you think this is some sort of giant nebulous Jewish worldwide dominance conspiracy, well, I think that you’re completely deluded. Adolf and his goons believed the same thing and as a result murdered 6 million Jews. It seems to me that if at the time there had been some sort of Jewish global hegemony then they would have made a decent effort to ensure that 6 million of their own didn’t end up being pushed onto cattle trains.
Either there was no conspiracy or it was remarkably inept.
The Jews today find themselves in the same old boat of being blamed for the ills of the world due to their own stupidity and shortsightedness in the decades since WWII. Their own tendency to label any criticism as antisemitism is a nice tactic in the short term to get people to shut up. But the act of unjustly silencing people simply causes those same criticisms, whether valid or not, to fester beneath the surface. Now they are beginning to see the consequences of such short-sighted bigotry on their part.
So here are the rules of the blog as regards to Jews. Feel free to criticize any Jew on their actions and their words just like we would criticize anyone else. Likewise, feel free to criticize Israel on its actions and policies, just like we would criticize any other nation.
But no insinuating. No stooping to nebulous half claims of Jewish conspiracy. No attributing actions to the fact that someone is a Jew. And (((this sort of thing))) will get you banned.